Lemon curd is a simple sweet treat that creates a sunbeam explosion in your mouth. This bright and tangy custard is sure to brighten even the darkest day.
This lemon juicer is very effective as providing fresh lemon juice with little effort. Whether you need lemon juice for dessert, such as lemon curd, or you are making lemonade. This utensil is perfect for summer drinks and outdoor fun. Made from heavy, die-cast aluminum, the Lemon Squeezer has an easy to use hand operation system. Featuring a built-in strainer, this squeezer keeps seeds from falling into your mixing or serving glass and helps prevent pulp from being mixed in as well.
5 Ingredient Homemade Lemon Curd
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (1/2 stick)
- Combine eggs, sugar, and lemon juice with whisk in double boiler over medium heat. Whisk continually to avoid scrambled eggs.
- Add butter one tablespoon at a time and continue whisking until mixture reaches pudding consistency.
- Strain through fine mesh if there are any scrambled egg pieces in the custard.
- Stir in lemon zest and chill covered in refrigerator. Curd can be stored for up to a week.